Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Episode 4 : Coolies

And so finally... the alpha release of Captain Cook is ready.

It has been quite a journey ... really.
So many sleepless nights spent coding and debugging in the SOC Basement, on the very same table i ate my chicken rice during the WPF workshop. So much blood, sweat, tears, insults, encouragement, insanity and supper marking our days.

I have witnessed the seemingly unnoticable procession of days to nights and nights to days from the air-conditioned dungeon surrounded by computer labs and power sockets. Equipped with our trusty laptops (no thanks to the MACK BOOKS) and a bottle of Hae Bee Hiam, we fought back our desires to sleep and focussed on our entrusted objective.

Seeing how my social life is severly damaged (breaking of dates with my girlfriend, working thru CNY, flying my friends' aeroplane when Im suppose to cook food for their gathering), im finally beginning to accept that I got very very bad time management skills...

Oh well, at least I am present during CNY at the right times to still get my Ang Paos.

I am absolutely thrilled with the product of our nightless slogging. Captain Cook is finally bug-free ... but the version put online, frankly, is hardly beyond satisfaction. Many features, optimizations and enhancements on Kar Meng's jotter book has not been implemented yet. I am keen to push it further into eventual fruitation, but for now ... just for now ... the version we have is good enough.

The programming choices can be improved, the animations can be enhanced, and more nifty features can be implemented, and we're still eager for the ride.

Hurrah for Captain Cook and Hurrah for the Coolies (Yeah, that's the developer team).

If anyone wants a recipe implemented, leave a comment, and we'll consider it!

Cook on. =)

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the bottle of Hae Bee Hiam, janus =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can put up laksa reciepe? ^_^ or mee siam... tom yams... ^_^ I'm trying to play now but I can't even select my male/female character! >_<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey janus, congrats :D

    Rmb you were asking me if CS3216 is really that siong.. haha.. so did it turn out to be the case? (as in if you were to answer your own question now)

    Anyway *jiayou, just 1 assignment + final proj left :)

    ReplyDelete